The Weight of Discouragement


It's hard to know what anyone else has been through or seen, but all of us have felt discouraged before. Sad or wrong or guilty or useless, there's a lot of bad in this world, and it affects us all in different ways. Maybe you've been affected recently. If so, don't forget that God is there. Find space to be alone with God, and repeat the words of Psalm 51:

Psalm 51:7-11
7 Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
8 Oh, give me back my joy again;
you have broken me--
now let me rejoice.
9 Don't keep looking at my sins.
Remove the stain of my guilt.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God.
Renew a loyal spirit within me.
11 Do not banish me from your presence,
and don't take your Holy Spirit from me.

One prayer, that's all it takes. Let God hear those words from you and let Him handle the rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elohim

iCLONE

War on War