My Brother's keeper



I have a job, am working, but its on contract renewable every year, my buddies and family wish that I renew it this year, especially for the money and the experience, but am thinking otherwise. I'm not any different, I mean we all need money and more experience to boost our resume, but that's not exactly what appeals to me, at least not at the moment. See I have a brother, a candidate anticipating National Examinations which allows transition from Primary to Secondary Level Education. The tests are due in October, while my contract ends in June, so am thinking of being there for him, help him study, the revision and all that appertains to exam preparation.

I did my part, I passed through what he now goes through..the tension, the anxiety, the shivers, the high hopes, the 'I don't know how it's gonna be' and I went through it all by myself, nobody seemed to understand, all they did, especially dad was say ''I need the best from you, boy!'' from mum, she smiled but I knew the pain of disappointing her, it goes without mentioning the expectations of teachers, and of course my own lofty goals....wow, it was overwhelming.

I now think about my brother having to go through it too, I could choose to let him learn his own lessons, well, yes and no, I could also teach him a few that I already know about, like how to handle all these feelings, how to manage your emotions, how to keep your calm,yea, and that's why am not going to renew my contract, instead, am going to be there for him.
I used to want to do it big
When you’re only focused on yourself that’s small
How true. It’s not all about me. It is not all about what I want and what I need. It is about helping my brother, both biological and otherwise to get to where they ought to be. As we speak, my brother has renewed energy simply because I also showed renewed interest in his education. And when (not if) he makes it, it will be his success.
Cain claimed he was not his brother’s keeper. I am thinking this is mostly because, at back of his mind, he knew that he was, indeed, his brother’s keeper. Jesus talked about feeding and clothing brothers and sisters. He did it, we should to. Whatever it is you do for someone who is looking up to you or lacking, you do it for Him. I finish off with Jesus’ words of wisdom
‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iCLONE

Elohim

From my almost shut down Website.....part 1